Quality Engineer - Palestine, TX
Walmart PALESTINE, TX
About the Job
- Assists with the creation of area Quality loss profile analysis and performance metrics. Develops gap analysis to support WPS integration.
- Assists with the tactical deployment of the Quality Excellence WPS program methodology. Manages project execution of top Quality losses in the functional area and assists in building the capability of other area managers and associates.
- Compiles and submits deviations to existing One Best Way playbooks and provides input to Divisional Focused Improvement Teams on project ideation and replication opportunities.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments
- Delivers expected functional area results through Key Performance Indicator (KPI) analysis, loss elimination, and
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
- Leads Process Improvement tools and methods (for example, 5S, root cause analysis, six sigma, time and motion studies) to eliminate Quality losses and deviations in an area within a Distribution Center according to Network Process Structure using Walmart Performance System (WPS) programs.
- Leads Quality-related savings projects within area of responsibility
- Promotes and supports company policies, initiatives, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
- Supports Department Managers with WPS programs, projects, associate engagement, and KPI improvements within process area.
- Bachelor s Degree in Engineering and 3 years experience in Quality or Process Improvement
- Demonstrated project ownership resulting in sustainable, long term savings
- Microsoft Office Suite, analytical skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Experience building and implementing a Quality Management System Knowledge and application of a functioning Quality Management System elements including Statistical Process Control, FMEA, Quality KPIs, etc.
- Quality Improvement experience in a Total Performance Management (or related program) environment
Over fifty years ago, Sam Walton started a single mom-and-pop shop and transformed it into the world's biggest retailer. Since those founding days, one thing has remained consistent: helping our customers save money so they can live better. When you join our Walmart family of brands (Sam's Club, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Modcloth, Moosejaw, Bonobos and many more!), you'll play a crucial role in shaping the future of retail, improving millions of lives around the world. Our associates have championed causes like U.S. job expansion, responsible global sourcing, female entrepreneur empowerment, and much, much more, establishing Walmart as a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. What could you accomplish with Walmart?