Quantitative Analytics Specialist - Credit and PPNR Modeling
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
The Credit and PPNR Modeling (CaPM) Center of Excellence (CoE) within Corporate Credit is responsible for development and implementation of the following models:
- Credit Risk: Credit loss estimation models for the entire loan portfolio to support regulatory requirements and internal business needs; and
- Pre-Provision Net Revenue (PPNR): Models used to forecast revenue and expenses and to support Asset and Liability Management.
CaPM is seeking five qualified candidates who are graduating with Master’s degrees in quantitative fields to join the team. As a Quantitative Analytics Specialist 1, you’ll work under the supervision of a senior team member to gain comprehensive professional and industry experience. Team members may be responsible for developing, implementing, calibrating, or monitoring models; educating business leaders in the strengths and weaknesses of models; and for providing risk leaders with analysis to manage their risk. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with Wells Fargo senior leaders and learn about various risk management areas.
Team members will begin with a combination of orientation, classroom training, and professional development activities.
Opportunities are available in Atlanta, GA; Charlotte, NC; Des Moines, IA; McLean, VA; Minneapolis, MN
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Performing statistical and mathematical model development under the direction of more experienced team members
- Producing required documentation to evidence model development, validation and/or auditing
- Understanding credit and operational processes, work flows and issues to sufficiently document and make recommendations for process improvements
- Supporting model implementation, production, and monitoring; performing analytics around model results
- Understanding business needs and providing possible solutions through clear verbal and written communications to management and fellow team members
- Participating in model risk projects for varying purposes, methodologies and relevant lines of business
- Staying current with bank regulatory framework and developments
- Bringing closure to issues, questions, and requests
- Collaborating as a member of a team to solve problems that arise
- Presenting solutions effectively to a variety of audiences
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience and demonstrated first-hand knowledge in a number of the following areas: data analysis, statistical modeling, machine learning, data management, and computing
- Excellent computer programing skills and use of statistical software packages such as Python, R, SAS, C++ and SQL
NC-Charlotte: 11625 N Community House Road - Charlotte, NC
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
GA-Atlanta: 171 17th St Nw - Atlanta, GA
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
VA-McLean: 1753 Pinnacle Dr - Mclean, VA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.