R&D Formulation Scientist
About the Job
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
As a part of our Formulation – Pharmaceutical Development, the Formulation Scientist will be responsible for Formulation and Clinical Trial manufacturing of solid, non-sterile semi-solid and both sterile and non-sterile liquid products. You will support and follow the pre-formulation and formulation process development activities for late clinical trials and marketed products of both sterile/non-sterile liquid and lyophilized products.
In addition, you will ensure the scale up/ technology transfer and processes of new sterile products into Pharmaceutical Development (PDS) Department and commercial sites.
What will you do?
- Carry out pre-formulation studies on clients drug substances.
- Develop new products for preclinical and clinical and for the marketplace.
- Manufacture of stability and clinical trial batches within the laboratory area or pilot plant.
- Conduct Process Development and Validation studies where required.
- Prepare technical documentation to support development work and manufacturing (includes laboratory notebooks, batch records and process validation documentation) to internal, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports for internal use, clients and regulatory authorities.
- Assist in the validation of new equipment.
- Prepare SOPs for new equipment and procedures.
- Maintain and improve standards of Good Laboratory/Manufacturing Practice.
- Maintain technical awareness by regular review of literature and training courses.
- Work safely in accordance with PDS and site procedures.
How will you get here?
BSc, MSc or PhD in Science or Chemical Engineering
Minimum 2-4 years post graduate experience in formulation development in a similar role within the Pharmaceutical Industry. In addition, knowledge of process development is necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of the characterization techniques of the lyophilized products (DSC, FDM)
- Knowledge of characterization of formulations (DLS, HIAC, MFI, TFF, osmolality, viscosity and density)
- Knowledge of Design of experiment (DoE)
- Strong problem solving skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.