R&D Program Manager (m/f/x) for new product development projects
About the Job
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an R&D Program Manager (m/f/x). This position is based in Waldbronn (Karlsruhe)/ Germany, though could also be based in Ankeny (Iowa)/ USA. At our German headquarters in Waldbronn we develop, produce and market leading comprehensive analytic solutions. Along with our sales offices in Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Ratingen, there is a staff of about 1,000 in Germany.
This role focuses on Program and Project Management within the Biomolecular Analysis Division. We develop differentiated analytical instruments and consumables that are aligned with the Division's strategic business goals.
As our R&D program manager, you will lead global cross-functional New Product Introduction (NPI) teams, which include members from R&D, marketing, product support and manufacturing. Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage hardware and consumable new product development projects.
- Coordinate hardware projects, consumable projects and software projects to ensure their timelines are synchronized for impactful solution launch for customers.
- Manage projects within the Agilent Lifecycle Process.
- Responsible for overall project planning, objectives, resource requirement and execution of projects on time.
- Use modern Project Management tools to manage project plan and project timeline.
- Provide regular update to management, report progress and escalate issues. Ensure project hurdles are addressed with management support in a timely manner.
- Lead cross-functional team including R&D, marketing, product support and manufacturing, to develop product requirements and resource/budget requirements.
- Lead global teams, facilitate team communications and develop effective team dynamics.
- Provide coaching to other project managers within the organization.