Radiography Technologist, Full Time-Evenings, MRH: Diagnostic Radiology
About the Job
Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
• Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
• When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
• Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
• Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
• Charges appropriately for all supplies used for procedures.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• RADIATION PROTECTION: Provides appropriate radiation protection for self and others during all imaging and therapeutic procedures.
• PATIENT POSITIONING AND PROCEDURES: Performs imaging procedures on all anatomical areas of the body.
• IMAGE PRODUCTION, ANALYSIS AND ARCHIVAL: Applies appropriate imaging factors, conducts image analysis and utilizes archival techniques.
• PATIENT ASSESSMENT AND CARE: Assesses and provides patient care prior to, during and/or after procedures; considering medical condition, age and diversity.
• ACCURACY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• ADMINISTRATION OF CONTRAST MEDIA: Prepares and administers contrast media and monitors patient.
• Accredited Program
• ARRT - American Registry of Radiology Tech
• BLS Certification
• Certified Radiologic Technologist
Education equivalent experience:
• Recent graduates of an approved Radiography program
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: None
••Must possess an active Temporary Radiography Certificate from the State of Florida and must take the ARRT examination within ninety days of obtaining a Florida Temporary Certificate and provide proof of an upgrade to permanent license upon passage of state exam.
• Bending and Stooping ; ; ; 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry ; ; ; 60.00%
• Kneeling ; ; ; 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater ; ; ; 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient ; ; ; 60.00%
• Reaching ; ; ; 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg ; ; ; 20.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm ; ; ; 20.00%
• Sitting ; ; ; 40.00%
• Squatting ; ; ; 40.00%
• Standing ; ; ; 60.00%
• Walking ; ; ; 60.00%
• Audible Speech ; ; ; 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity ; ; ; 80.00%
• Depth Perception ; ; ; 80.00%
• Distinguish Color ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Far ; ; ; 80.00%
• Seeing - Near ; ; ; 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory ; ; ; 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion ; ; ; 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids ; ; ; 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens ; ; ; 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals ; ; ; 20.00%
• Latex ; ; ; 20.00%
• Computer Monitor ; ; ; 60.00%
• Fire Risk ; ; ; 20.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts ; ; ; 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects ; ; ; 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock ; ; ; 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault ; ; ; 20.00%
• Radiation ; ; ; 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces ; ; ; 20.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
- Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.