Reefer Technician / 2nd & 3rd Shifts - Earth City
About the Job
In addition with basic truck maintenance experience, Refrigeration Technicians must poses minimum EPA 608 Certification, have had minimum of 3 year's experience working with refrigeration units including current Thermo-King or Carrier certifications. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Preventive Maintenance and DOT Inspection procedures and guidelines.
- Complete knowledge of all hand, air and power tools required within our industry
- Basic understanding and knowledge of Welding and Soldering
- Overall complete fundamental knowledge with comprehensive Refrigeration repair to OE standards.
- Extensive diagnostic and repair knowledge including all areas of discipline manufactured with various O.E's.
- Employee must provide individual hand and air tools required to perform repairs (company provides specialty tools)
- Must possess adequate written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess or agree to obtain within a specified period a valid Class B or A Commercial Driver's License
- Must have a clean MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving record)
- Other duties as assigned
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Sense of Urgency Ability to handle work efficiently in a stressful, fast-paced environment
- Timeliness Ability to manage personal time effectively and arrive and depart on a set schedule
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Must pass initial Safety Training courses (Post employment)
- Must pass PM Certification Training (Post employment)
- Must pass Forklift Certification Training (Post employment)
- SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: H.S. Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required
Experience: Communication and flexibility working with departments
Computer Skills: MS Office / Internet Explorer / Excel
Certifications & Licenses:
Other Requirements: CDL License, Fork Truck Safety License (company provided), State Inspectors License (If applicable), Refrigeration License, EPA License appropriate