Relationship Mgr III - C&IB (F)
About the Job
Position OverviewAt PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Relationship Manager III within PNC's Tax Credit Solutions organization, you will be based in Washington, DC. Consideration will be given to experienced applicants in Boston, Portland or Louisville.
- Sets relationship strategies and directs relationship management activities with new and/or existing clients in a book of business to grow sales, revenue and market share with relevant sales goals. Typically works with clients with advanced levels of risk and complexity of needs. Works independently and may mentor other team members.
- Creates and drives strategy to acquire and/or expand and retain client relationships to generate revenue and deepen share of wallet. Handles the origination, financial analysis, negotiation and documentation of credit and non-credit products and services.
- Manages risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
- Focuses on client opportunities by providing ideas and insights based on an understanding of the client's needs and their financial well-being. Drives client engagement and loyalty. Generates ideas and best practices within Relationship Management and may mentor others.
- Manages effective network of senior internal and external relationships, such as community or industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience. Focuses on bringing entire bank to the client by presenting the full range of PNC's products and services. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and successfully convert sales opportunities.
- As defined with the business, demonstrates ability to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk for the most complex credit requests by utilizing knowledge of advanced credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused - Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk - Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Acumen – Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.Client Relationship Management – Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.Customer Experience Management. – Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.Prospecting. – Knowledge of prospecting principles, processes and skills; ability to identify and engage potential customers in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet customer needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.Tech Savvy – Advise, educate and engage clients on a variety of technological tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their goals and financial well being.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement:
The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Refer to the California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice to gain understanding of how PNC may use or disclose your personal information in our hiring practices.