Scientist III Quality Control
About the Job
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is recognized one of the “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor and People magazine’s “50 Companies That Care”. Our mission is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. We look for the best people to join our team and provide world-class facilities, state-of-the-art technologies, and extraordinary support to ensure scientific progress and help accomplishing our mission.
We are looking for a Scientist III-Quality Control to assist the Therapeutics Production & Quality department at SJCRH. The selected candidate will under direct supervision, provide technical skills for analytical testing. This position requires a scientific background in the Biological Sciences and in depth understanding of the science behind the procedures. The analyst must have proven technical skills and practical knowledge in analytical testing and quality assurance and the ability to draw on experience to move testing forward. Techniques include, but are not limited to, agarose gel electrophoresis, SDS-PAGE analysis, western blotting, ELISA, DNA isolation and analysis, and PCR. Experience with cGMP, tissue culture, or HPLC preferred. The analyst must be capable of learning software, manipulating formulas, and assessing correctness.
The succesful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the proper conduct of specific projects, collection and analysis of data.
- Assists with executing qualifications, training, reporting and investigating deviations, executing and critically reviewing analytical testing.
- Observes and report needs with the lab and participate in solving the identified problems.
- As directed by supervisor, assumes responsibility for documentation, compilation and reporting of experiments to the Manager.
- Assists in the training of personnel in procedures and techniques of the laboratory.
- Correctly demonstrates specific Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, biology, or a related field required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in a research environment especially with tissue culture a plus.
- Experience working in a cGMP environment preferred.
No Search Firms:
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. Please do not call or email. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee or other representative at St. Jude via email, the internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place and approved by HR will result in no fee being paid in the event the candidate is hired by St. Jude.