Self-Assurance Designer Tester
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services, Marketing and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) - Contact Center Business Assurance Support Team
The Business Assurance Support Team serves as the Contact Center's primary point of contact for risk management activities, including supporting Self-Assurance Activities that ensure controls within business processes are operating as intended and take action when not.
There is one position available on the Contact Center Business Assurance Support Team. The Self-Assurance Designer and Tester Consultant will partner extensively with LOB leadership, process owners, process SME's, Self-Assurance activity owners, control owners, and ops risk/control/compliance to ensure all program and policy requirements are met and risk is identified through Self-Assurance. The Assurance Consultant will design Self-Assurance Activities and perform tests of controls to arrive at conclusions on whether the control is operating as intended or not. These tests will help process owners understand risks associated with the process.
The primary responsibilities for this role may include but are not limited to:
- Partner with control and process owners and other partners to design Self-Assurance Activities around business controls. Ensure design can withstand scrutiny from external tests and reviews.
- Execute tests of controls to identify exceptions, error rates, and testing conclusions. Document tests results and provide to peer teams who will raise control Issues for remediation.
- Participate in discussions on how to improve control weaknesses and design based on knowledge gathered from design and tests.
- Drive maturity updates to the Contact Center Self-Assurance Activity methodology and lifecycle through a mindset of continuous improvement. Partner with Business Group and Enterprise Control to drive updates to Self-Assurance Activity policies and procedures.
- Perform quality reviews of risk and control information to ensure adequate information is in place to develop an effective assurance activity around the control and escalate recommendations for quality enhancements when problems are identified.
- Recommend automated solutions whenever possible and assist in design and execution.
- Participate in mapping of business processes and influence the quality of documentation related to risk and controls to prevent downstream impact to effective Self-Assurance Activity design.
- Train other team members on Design and Testing.
Please note: Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Six Sigma certification a plus
- Risk and Audit certifications a plus
- Experience in Control Design or Control Assessments and with Technology and Control Automation
- Financial regulatory experience a plus
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
AZ-Chandler: Min: $91,700 Mid: $131,000
TX-Westlake: Min: $91,700 Mid: $131,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $91,700 Mid: $131,000
MN-Minneapolis: Min: $91,700 Mid: $131,000
NC-Charlotte: Min: $91,700 Mid: $131,000
SD-Sioux Falls: Min: $82,500 Mid: $117,900
OR-Hillsboro: Min: $91,700 Mid: $131,000
CA-El Monte: Min: $100,900 Mid: $144,100
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
TX-Westlake: 1301 Solana Blvd - Westlake, TX
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
SD-Sioux Falls: 4811 N 4th Ave - Sioux Falls, SD
OR-Hillsboro: 6305 NE Bennett Street - Hillsboro, OR
CA-El Monte: 9000 Flair Dr - El Monte, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.