Selling Experience Leader (Store Supervisor)
About the Job
If you’re both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We’re looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives together. When you join us, you’ll be part of a great team, working together to achieve sales goals while doing work you truly love.
The Selling Experience Leader will be responsible for the Petco customer experience journey and promoting a culture that consistently delivers the Petco customer brand experience. Through the lens our Petco Values, the Selling Experience Leader will be the catalyst, champion, and role model for all relationship building touch points with our customers. The Selling Experience Leader will mentor all store partners in the delivery of GUEST+ engagements to support and drive customer experiences that result in creating Petco Promoters
Additionally, this role will assist the General Manager in managing all aspects of their store’s business in accordance to Petco operational standards.
Key Accountabilities: The incumbent will have primary responsibility to successfully implement a customer centric culture in their store by leading the following areas of Petco
- Outstanding Guest Experience each and every time a Customer interacts with Petco:
- Use Petco Promoter and Grooming Promoter to measure GUEST feedback. Celebrate and Coach!
- Train all store Partners how to promote and support our Pet Services customer experience through GUEST+ model engagement.
- Manage and Coach Pet Services partners in delivering a consistent services customer experience aligned with our Petco Brand Standards and Customer Promise. Ensure our salon check in and check out will be performed for every pet we service.
- Lead store execution, training, communication and maintenance of company Pet Services initiatives, programs, policies, procedures, safety practices, and promotions.
- Responsible for driving the implementation and flawless execution of customer-centric programs to include Showtime, Demo Program, Welcome to the Family, and Adoptions.
- Collaborates with store Partners to ensure exceptional customer experience for all Omni-channel initiatives to include Instacart, Extended Aisle, and Repeat Delivery.
- Initiate community outreach and seek opportunities to Build and develop relationships with pet friendly businesses in order to promote Petco as a trusted source for pet lovers.
- Leverage existing programs and resources to promote Pet Services in store and community.
- Partner with your Local Marketing Manager to identify unique and creative ways to increase market share and community footprint.
- Business Acumen: Sales and Margin:
- Using sales, payroll, margin, pet services p&l, Adoption, and ecommerce reports monitor the performance of each business and develop plans to correct any area missing their target.
- Work closely with the GSM to execute all daily and weekly salon business practices to ensure proper scheduling, client development for Stylists, Stylist productivity, and sales tracking.
- Work strategically with General Manager, Department Managers and direct reports as well as all store partners, to support Pet Services business plans, objectives and goals for sales, productivity and margin dollars.
- In partnership with the General Manager, Grooming Salon Manager and Dog Trainer conduct monthly business review of Grooming and Dog Training sales, margin and productivity. Develop action plans to address performance gaps.
- Train and coach proper safety procedures to all Salon Partners on a daily basis to provide the best pet and Partner experience while minimizing costs associated with injuries.
- Talent Management: Hiring, Training, Scheduling, Coaching and Succession Planning:
- In partnership with GM recruit, hire and develop a team focused on building long term relationships with Pet Parents.
- Develop strategic action plans to continuously analyze staffing levels and maintain productive partners that grow the business and incorporate career succession planning to reduce turnover.
- Responsible for measuring the performance effectiveness of direct reports and provide clear, direct feedback and coaching. Conduct annual performance evaluations.
- Coordinate with the General Manager to ensure proper scheduling is being maintained to support and execute relationship driven initiatives and deliver a consistent customer experience
- Supervise the daily activities of the Grooming Salon Partners, Dog Training Partners, Wellness Clinic, cashiers, Sales partners, Customer Advisor and Adoption Captain Responsibilities.
- Adoption: Think Adoption First, Adoption Agency Partnerships, Adoption Center, In-Store Events, Adoption Captain:
- Directly supervise Adoption Captain Responsibilities.
- Oversee the Think Adoption First program and integrate with all store partners.
- Collaborate with adoption agency partners to grow in store adoption rates.
- Ensure in-store events and marketing are executed in accordance with Think Adoption First policies and procedures.
- Build and develop relationships with Adoption Agencies and groups to promote our Think Adoption First philosophy.
- Other GUEST Experiences:
- Ensure each step of the Welcome to the Family process is used as intended to build a life of pet relationship with all new pet parents.
- Working with the GM, select, prepare, and schedule the Demo Specialist to deliver outstanding information and value to pet parents during Petco Demo’s.
- Ensure Showtime is executed per intention every day. All Partners must know their role during Showtime to delight customers and drive sales.
- Be the store champion of the endless aisle technology and customer engagement. Coach all Partners on how to successfully engage with a customer and search for their needs. Satisfy the customer with a product delivery approach they prefer including repeat delivery and/or Petco Now.
- Perform duties and assume responsibility as Manager on Duty (MOD) as needed.
- Perform all special or other projects as assigned.
- MOD Key Accountabilities:
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by determining their needs, sharing product knowledge and suggesting the appropriate merchandise to satisfy their needs.
- Conduct and oversee hourly walks to ensure the health and safety of all animals in the store.
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained throughout the store.
- Ensure that the store is opened and / or closed in accordance with established Policies and Procedures.
- Adhere to and promote established safety procedures.
- Ensure veterinary care/consultation is provided to all ill or injured animals in a timely manner (within 24 hours of being identified as ill or injured unless it is an emergency which requires immediate care).
- Verify animal related maintenance tasks are being completed as outlined on the Maintenance Task List.
- For CA managers only, complete the CA Daily Inspection Report.
- Facilitate all Regulatory visits in accordance with Policies and Procedures.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel.
Education and Experience:
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required, college degree preferred
- Previous experience in customer service roles as a department manager or sales partner preferred. Experience supervising partners, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales technologies, analytical abilities as well as a professional appearance and demeanor.