Senior Director of Relationship Management
About the Job
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
WHY MAKE THE MOVE TO THE STANDARD?
Because it’s the place you want to be. Where else can you come to work to “set the standard of excellence” for the company and the industry and have an opportunity to do more than just challenge and grow your capabilities. What you will do makes a difference in people’s lives every day.
And let’s face it, you know what sets you apart; you’re smart, strategic minded and future focused. At the Standard, we welcome these qualities and you’ll be supported in the pursuit of excellence and given the space and time to cultivate ideas and turn them into amazing results. If you are passionate about exceptional customer relationships that drive operational excellence, this role is for you.
This is a highly visible role where you will be able to develop your area to support our 401k retirement plans business. You’ll be creating a strategy for enhancing our capabilities to ensure we are positioned to excel in the marketplace. You’ll find our environment provides intellectual challenge and excitement as you share in the success of our future focused organization. We foster innovation, build collaboration, and pursue excellence. We are looking to talk to a few strategic leaders who are confident in their abilities and have the breadth of experience needed to take The Standard to a higher level of performance and success.
ABOUT THE STANDARD
Our core competencies include group and individual insurance, investment products and retirement plans. We provide financial peace of mind to our customers and their families.
Founded in 1906 and branded as the Standard, we enjoy a strong presence in our local communities where our employees are dedicated to give back to others along with generous support from our parent company, Meiji Yasuda Insurance Company based in Tokyo, one of the oldest and largest insurers in Japan.
There is a sense of excitement within the company as we continue to move to next generation practices to take our business to a new level while continuing to increase our standing as a premier partner for our customers.
THE STANDARD CULTURE
At The Standard, you’ll experience an open and welcoming environment with authentic people who are thoughtful and intentional. You’ll find that we’re collaborative when it comes to planning and decision making. You’ll be given the independence to drive results and grow your team. Since part of our culture is based on continuous improvement and Lean principles, your ideas and insights regarding innovative approaches are expected and encouraged. We celebrate our successes, humbly acknowledge our missteps, dusting ourselves off to quickly course correct.
- You’ll lead a country-wide team of relationship managers with three direct reports and a team of about forty relationship managers. You’ll ensure the delivery of proactive client facing solutions including: plan reviews, investment advisor services, education and education and enrollment services as well as the resolution of client service issues and seamless client service by working closely with regional pension managers, investment advisor managers, regional administrative managers as well as other regional service managers.
- You’ll develop and implement action plans to improve revenue retention, client utilization of new products and services, cross-selling of group employee benefits (EB) services, sales referrals, and participation in prospect finalist presentations. You’ll ensure that customer expectations and business capabilities are managed effectively to deliver optimal client service utilizing best practices.
- You’ll inspire your team as you focus on strengthening internal skills and capabilities to drive effective relationship management practices and processes and coordinate and implement training and development activities with training and organizational development staff to promote the relationship manager skill and knowledge level to ensure effective delivery of services.
- You’ll manage “at risk” clients for our very large or significant relationships.
- You’ll develop and promote The Standard’s reputation through the relationship management strategy, engaging stakeholders to understand the current state and envision our desired future state.
- You’ll work with internal partners and your team to manage and advance relationships with advisors and plan sponsors through effective development of our relationship managers.
- You’ll evaluate current data sources, tools, and structures, and work with those systems owners to develop a metrics driven framework to ensure data driven practices and decisions.
- You’ll build a community of continuous learners by embracing and leveraging best practices, and the Lean Management System (LMS).
- Building a foundation for your success is your first order of business. You’ll focus on getting to understand the current landscape and gaps in order to develop a roadmap and strategic vision for your area. You’ll accomplish this in part by learning the intricacies of our organization. You’ll develop an understanding of the business, systems and processes and establish relationships with your peers; colleagues from other areas and key stakeholders and customers.
- You’ll begin to execute on our goal to transform our current RM organization by leveraging the core skills of highly effective relationship managers and introducing new skills and capabilities that will advance our strategic intent.
- You’ll build credibility and effective and trusting relationships with your peers and other stakeholders to ensure a successful path to support the business.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.