Senior Electronics R&D Engineer (m/f/x) - Platform Engineering
About the Job
Agilent Technologies - we stand for high-tech and laboratory expertise around the world. As a worldwide company based in Santa Clara (California/USA), in the heart of Silicon Valley, we offer instruments, software, services and supplies for the entire workflow in the analytical laboratory. Our solutions and products are used among other things for the development of new drugs, for food testing, in cancer research and in doping control. We inspire discoveries that advance the quality of life. At our German headquarters in Waldbronn we develop, produce and market leading comprehensive analytic solutions.
The team you will be part of is responsible for Global Design and Standardization of Parts, Construction Sets, Data and Processes in new product development. You will be one of the leading authorities to leverage best practice, define standards, help to review and support development teams in their design phase and make decisions.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Senior Electronics R&D Engineer for Agilent's Platform Engineering Group
As a member of the Electronics Council you will help to foster reuse of new Agilent design or catalog parts in the area of Electronics, Mechatronics, Construction sets of Mechanical and Electronic Components. The required job role is to deeply connect to the R&D and Order Fulfillment and Supply Chain (engineering community consisting of strategic and business NPI buyers, materials engineers, master data engineers and value engineers to define and agree on reuse standards, be clear on recommendations, know regulatory requirements, and to be responsible for guiding and supporting global design reviews as part of the Project Lifecycle stage-gate process. This role will be part of a global New Product Development effort as long term Agilent perspective and engagement. We are aspired to develop Agilent Preferred Parts Program & Platform Design Standards in close collaboration with Business R&Ds and Order Fulfillment & Supply Chain, to enable efficient & robust Product Development lifecycle to address ever demanding customers' requirements.
Your core responsibilities will be to:
- Provide project leadership to drive deliverables on standardizations while serving as a technical expert in making the right balanced decisions for achieving broad benefits to Agilent Parts & Design Standardization initiatives
- Establish governance model and leverage best practices to apply with high rigor on the preferred parts program
- Communicate closely to the Global R&D communities in all Agilent businesses, procurement, materials, production, value engineering and connecting to the global Engineering Council
- Define standards and common attributes with R&D Electrical/Electronics Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Standardization leads to guide the global development engineering community
- Be the top authority in supporting design reviews, give guidance, make recommendations, apply and execute agreed rules