Senior Manager, Communications, TPX
About the Job
At Comcast, we are passionate about making the customer experience our best product. We bring together the best in media and technology, driving innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines.
The Technology, Product, Xperience (TPX) organization acts as the engine for much of this innovation, and our team touches nearly every part of the customer’s experience with us – from developing and delivering our Xfinity products and services, to enabling over 300 million daily customer interactions, to dispatching the field technicians to people’s homes and places of business, to measuring customer loyalty and satisfaction. The TPX Communications team delivers business-critical and business-as-usual communications to ensure that all TPX employees and key stakeholders understand and engage in achieving the TPX goals.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Communications, who will join the TPX Communications team, helping lead our communications efforts and make a meaningful impact. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing strategic, operational, and technical employee communications and engagement activities, with a substantial focus on those related to the Human Resources and Cybersecurity organizations. This person will report to the Vice President, TPX Communications.
The Senior Manager of Communications will partner with senior executives and leaders within the TPX HR, Cybersecurity and other TPX teams, as well as communicators company-wide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will take a holistic approach, ensuring that communications are developed and executed with an eye for the intended audiences, including the diverse group of employees we serve. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead teams or projects, leveraging communications expertise and or collaborating with cross-functional teams established to implement major new initiatives.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support TPX business objectives, long-term goals and projects.
- Liaises with TPX leaders, product owners, project managers, and subject matter experts to proactively integrate communication planning within project planning.
- Assesses projects to vet employee and stakeholder impact and plan appropriate communications, ensuring proper strategies, tactics and language are being used for reaching a wide and diverse range of employees.
- Writes, edits, reviews, and distributes content that helps inform, engage, inspire and incite action from employees about a variety of subjects, including some highly technical communications regarding launches of, and updates to, security software, applications, and processes, as well as culture and diversity and inclusion related projects, TPX employee resource groups and other similar topics.
- Provides communications support to key senior executives within the TPX HR and Cybersecurity organization, including the Chief Product and Information Security Officer (e.g., communications around key initiatives, organization announcements, speaking engagements and other communications needs).
- Partners with HR, the extended communications team and other key stakeholders to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of HR and Cybersecurity and other relevant messaging and materials to employees.
- Provides guidance and leadership within teams or projects/initiatives as needed; leads projects that involve cross-functional partners as necessary.
- Strengthens and develops new strategies for how to reach employees across our diverse population who work in and outside of the physical workplace.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as social forums and platforms.
- Ensures proper post-project analysis and “continuous improvement” approach, with a keen eye for metrics and communications effectiveness.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; business, communications, or journalism preferred.
- Generally requires 8+ years related experience, preferably relevant internal operational communications experience.
- Ability to write quickly and clearly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt and accept a wide variety of assignments (that require a “flow to the work” mentality).
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across the organization at all levels.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Affinity for technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in graphic design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.) and experience with online content management and publishing systems a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer