Senior Performance Engineer (ASE5)
About the Job
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
This position will serve as a Senior Performance Engineer (Applications Systems Engineer 5 - ASE5) in support of the Digital Channels Technology (DCT) application platform under performance engineering team. The DCT projects have significant road map with very aggressive time lines and very critical for the success for the bank with direct impact to our valued customer. This role will serve as a senior performance engineer in support of the DCT FP&A Platform in FORTE. The FP&A projects have significant road map with very aggressive time line and very critical for the success of FP&A platform. The role is to build the deep SME knowledge for FP&A platform and provide leadership for performance engineering support without relying on contract staffing. Knowledge retention and leadership is very critical for our ability to support the tremendous growth for critical FP&A projects.
- Define and lead the application performance engineering and testing for all FP&A projects.
- Drive and lead the synergy across development, production support group (PSG), Enterprise Database Management
- (EDM), infrastructure and business for seamless and on time performance testing for all Omni Auth projects.
- Responsible and accountable for end to end application performance tuning and optimization for FP&A projects and ensure quality code released to production.
- Work with Infrastructure architect to design and document end to end FP&A platform architecture.
- Drive key performance metrics, bottlenecks and obtain the buy in from key business partners.
- Drive performance analytics capability using Splunk or any another tools to realize effectiveness and efficiency across the FP &A
Note: The preferred location for this position is Charlotte, NC (on-site); will also consider the Minneapolis, MN location.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with Virtualization tools like DevTest is preferred
- Performance Testing Tool such as JMeter, BlazeMeter
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Introscope
- 3+ years of DevOps experience in automating and building end to end pipelines using Jenkins Framework
- Middleware products such as Tomcat and Weblogic
- Virtualization tools such LISA or NetOcean
- At least three years' of hands on experience with NetStorm
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.