Senior Principal Architect - MN or NJ
About the Job
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliable. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
Some jobs push you to be your best by enabling you to use your technical savvy and systems expertise. This is that job. You will need to put all of your leadership vision forward as you lead teams of highly skilled, passionate people. At UnitedHealth Group we're helping to make the health care system work better for everyone. We're bringing more resources, more data and more challenges to our work as we continue to help shape the way health care systems perform. As a Sr. Principal Architect you will guide teams to drive and manage high-quality execution and operational excellence, as they deliver technology solutions that meet business needs and maximize customer experience, growth and retention. This is the place where you can do more with the support and resources of a Fortune 5 company.
UnitedHealthcare Technology helps businesses unlock the value of data through a broad range of products and services that support the health and wellbeing industry. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing services that will enable growth and deliver value. We use data to spark innovation that will drive healthcare insights and ensure greater patient outcomes. We are looking for a seasoned dynamic individual to join our team that has a proven background of positioning businesses in their market and providing competitive advantage through strategies that leverage technology and data.
- Establish shared vision that will improve organizational efficiency, effectiveness and agility by delivering business-aligned technology architecture roadmaps and platform strategies that will provide market distinction and economies of scale
- Develop, maintain and improve enterprise business capabilities through end to end business strategies, information technology landscapes/blueprints and value stream analyses aligned with corporate strategy
- Develop portfolio technology strategies that will lower the total cost to own and operate technology, while modernizing the business landscape and creating market distinction
- Deliver business transformation and modernization through disruptive technology innovation and resource market strategies
- Lead, Solution, Deliver and Drive capital investments that leverage technology
- Work closely with project teams to help ensure we deliver, proactively
- Provide thought leadership
- Develop polished executive-facing materials that promote portfolio technology strategies aligned to business direction backed by crisp content
- Provide industry expertise across a broad set of information and data technologies that will support and guide business decisions around strategic investments
- Lead change and innovation
- Pursue opportunities to adopt new technologies and drive adoption to enhance business outcomes
- Drive and mange high-quality execution across organizational lines
- Influence without authority and negotiate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders to achieve win-win solutions that advance organizational goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10 + years of professional experience in the technology discipline
- 5 + years leading business technology strategy initiatives
- 3 + years serving as an Enterprise Architect.
- System and/or vendor integration expertise
- Demonstrated current technology industry knowledge (such as Cloud technology, Opensource, etc)
- Track record of presenting to and working with an executive audience
- Proven success driving business technology strategies that lead to product distinction
- Prior experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to build positive relationships and coalitions of influence without authority
- Proven expertise of managing and leading cross functional matrixed teams
- Success handling multiple large-scale technology initiatives concurrently
- Healthcare industry experience
- Knowledge of the healthcare Provider domain
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering or math background
- Graduate degree
- Six Sigma, PMP, Cloud or Full Stack certifications
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Principal Architect