Senior Software Engineer
About the Job
The Mobile Application Developers are responsible for designing, developing, deploying and maintaining multiple web and mobile applications used by Asurion. They do this as a member of a journey team that collectively creates the best possible user experience for our customers.
Software Engineer with experience in developing client based applications using modern UI frameworks and methodologies. Experience in ground up development in either iOS, Android or Web is a plus.
* Develops effective, maintainable code in a timely fashion
* Follows established coding standards and techniques, assists with establishing standards
* Develops automated unit test cases to validate defect-free code
* Conducts code reviews with peers and management
* Works with Business Analysts and Integration Testing team to ensure quality code that meets
the functional requirements
* Shows a strong attention to development detail, produces high-quality code
* Maintains proficiency and develops expertise in the application and use of systems, tools, and
processes within the department's scope
* Maintains a working knowledge of Asurion's applications and system integration and is able to
understand changes in order to anticipate cross-system or cross-process impacts.
* Provides proper status notifications are relayed to business stakeholders and Client Relations for
internal and external communications through the approved protocols.
* Effectively communicates the feasibility of requested deliverables and timelines to the Manager
and/or Sr. Manager.
* Utilizes design patterns that comply with security policies and guidelines
Knowledge and Experience with:
Knowledge of and experience with:
* 10+ years in software development experience preferably in mobile application development using multi-platform tools. React Native, ReactJS and AngularJS experience is a plus.
* Experience deploying mobile applications in both Apple Store / Google Play
* Must be familiar with standard MVC architectures, strategy, abstract design patterns
* Demonstrated ability to analyze technical requirements, develop well-structured code, delivered on
time, with automated tests.
* Demonstrated ability to understand and develop of challenging algorithms
* A self-starter with a strong desire to learn new concepts
* You thrive in a group environment
* Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
* Work autonomously and checks-in as decisions are made, proactively identifying potential issues and
escalating only when necessary.
* Solves problems creatively, with a keen desire to continually learn and grow, motivated by success.
* Experience in developing consumer facing mobile applications.
* Excellent at documenting architectural design. The candidate must demonstrate excellent ability to
communicate design ideas to cross-functional teams.
* Ability to quickly and accurately perform troubleshooting and repair of existing applications