Senior Systems Engineer
About the Job
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric USA, Inc., is a global technology company that works in partnership with a broad range of industrial and commercial customers to design and supply advanced technologies to optimize operational performance and profitability. The following position is available in Franklin, Tennessee.
Senior Systems Engineer
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead Database design for new reporting applications for US Core scope.
- Partner with North America BI team on common development priorities.
- Responsible for U.S. business reporting, as well as integration of new reporting solutions.
- Work closely with Finance, Accounting, Commercial and Operations teams to understand local requirements, and then work with IT and other resources to integrate these requirements into the broader BI landscape.
- Create and maintain and use complex queries during the development cycle of both data and reporting solutions.
- Understand new systems and relate them back to a common architecture model and act as the central subject matter expert with the technical teams.
- Translate financial reporting requirements into reporting solutions.
- Track and diagnose server performance issues and maintain balance between production processes and user driven queries and extracts.
- Work with DBA's (Data Base Administrator) to manage SQL Server upgrades and changes to backup and recovery policies.
- Help diagnose and optimize long-running user queries.
- Ensure security policies are followed.
- Manage customer requests for reporting enhancements or data extracts.
- Monitor and address customer issues with data or reporting.
- Oversee month end processing to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Oversee year end restatement processes.
- Communicate changes to reporting calendar or data issues that affect user ability to consume the data via standard reports or user driven reporting.
- Participate in Dream 3.0 project.
- Simplify core data sources into OVOTT (One Version of the Truth) ready to consume database for Standard Reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
- Partner with Titan project team on ERP changes that affect current, transition, and future reporting. Enhance technical skillset with exposure to new technology, including SQL Server enhancements, ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) tools, and Reporting/BI applications.
- Meet corporate annual training requirements.
- Participate in educational opportunities to enhance skills in data analysis and understanding of underlying data models.
- Telecommuting permitted.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related field and 5 years of work experience in development of data systems. Also must have work experience with:
Special Skills and Other Requirements:
- Designing and developing advanced data solutions leveraging modern technologies;
- Online analytical processing cubes and Data visualization;
- Mapping user requirements into relational models, rapid prototype and ad-hoc development of procedures and functions;
- Data Integration and handling transition of legacy systems to a modern system;
- Data Architecture in building centralized repository to meet versatile reporting needs across the company;
- Implementing audit and reconciliation framework to ensure data integrity and consistency;
- Diagnosing and optimizing server performance for seamless user experience;
- Database platforms including, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server;
- Handling SQL Server upgrades;
- Testing and implementing disaster recovery strategies; and
- Financial concepts including orders, sales, price, and margin
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, lucrative group pension plan, and more.
Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.