Site and EHS Manager
About the Job
Agilent is looking for a forward-thinking, dynamic, and creative Facilities & EHS Manager ready to take the next step in their career path as the Workplace Services Manager for our manufacturing site in Folsom.
The Folsom Technology Campus is made up of 2 buildings, 120,000 sq.ft and 200 employees. Operations include manufacturing, labs, warehouse, and administrative services. The manufacturing operation is ISO 9001 regulated. The position falls within the Workplace Services (WPS) Organization and encompasses a broad and diverse range of responsibilities supporting the campus infrastructure: Subject matter expert for facility design, oversight of suppliers, project management, implementation of corporate programs and initiatives, executive interaction, site communication, security, hospitality and Environmental Health and Safety.
You will manage a small staff of contractors and consultants to run the site infrastructure and EHS operations and will provide technical expertise on construction projects concerning design, constructability, budget, and schedule. The culture is fast-paced and collaborative. You can go from overseeing a large construction project, to event planning, to meeting with the C-suite, to negotiating with a supplier in one day. Our goal is to create a productive and vibrant spaces and make Agilent a great place to work! If this sounds like fun, then this could be a good fit for you.
Business enablement: Maintain infrastructure (HVAC, Electrical, Water, Compressed Air, Chemical Delivery) with no business disruptions; Ensure regulatory compliance; Implement Agilent's global EHS program, Anticipate/identify new demand and emerging requirements, enable capacity expansion, support business ventures/M&A, represent Agilent within the local state and county/city jurisdictions
Employee Engagement: Ensure a safe and effective work environment; Provide a collaborative workspace and helpful amenities; Lead and promote environmental stewardship; Promote Agilent brand/culture through our real estate; plan and execute company events and parties
Operational leverage: Provide a best in class cost structure, optimization of sites and space, deliver One-Agilent leverage of assets, spend, and suppliers optimizing the outsourced model; provide a consistent approach to support and standards.
- Lead day to day operations including facilities management, EHS, and employee services. Includes management of strategic suppliers, listening and responding to inputs from employees and key stakeholders, ensuring operational excellence in execution.
- Work with your team to identify and prioritize infrastructure projects, working with the business leaders to identify and prioritize business requested projects, developing this into an overall plan of record for approval during Agilent's strategic planning cycle. This includes the successful execution of such projects which can range from major greenfield construction projects to office relocations, site upgrades, and infrastructure improvements.
- Lead the recommendation and implementation of replacement-in-kind, new or improved equipment and/or systems in support of existing utilities as well as new or existing manufacturing processes.
- Support Design-Build/Plan Spec construction projects as the subject matter expert by reviewing and approving designs, proposals, submittals, etc. concerning HVAC Design, power distribution, laboratory design, and process piping systems.
- Lead the compliance functions of EHS and Security in the effective application of regulations and Agilent policies. Provide a safe, effective and efficient workplace in line with Agilent's values and ethics. Champion and implement sustainability programs and initiatives. Represent Agilent with external regulators.
- Collaborate with businesses and other functions to maximize leverage, liaising across the broader Global Infrastructure Services organization on infrastructure service optimization and delivery.
- Work across Workplace Services (WPS) and in close collaboration with the businesses to identify and anticipate new demand, projects, and strategies that would further Agilent's business goals. This could range from identifying locations or expansions to support business growth, energy efficiency projects to further Agilent's environmental and cost goals, rationalizing suppliers/operations to improve productivity.
- Manage an annual budget (opex and capex).
- Develop and communicate the objectives and goals for suppliers and the WPS team including talent development and process improvement activities.
- Provide upfront consultancy and implement complex corporate and business changes as per agreed plan e.g.. re-organizations, acquisitions & divestitures.
- Be a role model for Agilent's culture, values, and ethics.