Sr Aquatics Specialist
About the Job
If you’re both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We’re looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives together. When you join us, you’ll be part of a great team, working together to achieve sales goals while doing work you truly love.
- Responsible for ensuring the presentation of the entire aquatic department meets or exceeds company standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate in-stock levels for both aquatic life and aquatic supplies
- Apply appropriate judgment to aquatic life health and conditions based on presentation and behavior and take appropriate corrective actions (e.g. medicate, water change, remove from sale, etc.)
- Place orders or special orders on all aquatic life or supplies (for home store only) in order to drive sales and meet customer’s needs.
- Partner with Store Leadership to write schedules for the aquatics department to ensure full coverage during the busiest periods as well as allowing for all care and maintenance to be completed.
- Assign all necessary aquatics tasks to associates within the aquatics area including most aquatics maintenance duties.
- Schedule and perform training with all aquatics associates to help educate them on aquatic life and supplies information and selling techniques.
- Manage all aquatic life orders. Manage the aquatics supply special order process.
- Partner with Store Leadership on all hiring, training and corrective actions for aquatics associates.
- The Senior Aquatics Sales Specialist should spend most of their time assisting customers, selling products, and training aquatics associates.
- Perform all special or other projects as assigned.