Sr. Business Intelligence Developer
About the Job
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer is responsible for working with Business Partners, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and other IT teams to ensure a tight fit between Business Intelligence/Analytics environment, business requirements, and the Data Management platforms. The BI Developer is responsible for combining data from multiple sources into BI-specific data models.
The BI Developer designs, configures and manages the BI/Analytics tools and environments, creates reports/dashboards, creates and delivers end user training and documentation, and provides support to power users who design and author BI/Analytics content/reports/dashboards that enable end user decisions on behalf of their departmental colleagues.
The successful candidate will be able to deep-dive into data to discover actionable insights to support data-driven decisions. This position supports Data Science efforts including predictive/prescriptive analytics and AI analysis of big data. The ideal candidate has a willingness to grow and learn with an insatiable curiosity, and the ability to use critical thinking skills to make analytic determinations.
As SNC's corporate team we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Create, modify, customize, and maintain BI/Analytics reports, report templates, dashboards and content organization using Microsoft Power BI on top of Cloud (AWS Redshift) and on-prem (SQL Server, SSAS).
- Maintain BI objects in legacy BI tools: SAP Crystal Reports 2016, SQL Crystal Reports Enterprise, SAP Web Intelligence, SAP Explorer, Cognos, Microsoft SQL Services Analysis Services, Microsoft Data Gateway, and Microsoft Power BI.
- Develop SQL code, especially for ETL (Extract Transform Load) processes.
- Perform system maintenance activities on the server back end. Requires reviewing error logs and user-reported errors. Must be able to manage system backups and monitor server performance on a daily basis.
- Install, configure, deploy, maintain, and tune BI/Analytics environments, including SAP Business Objects (BO) Enterprise, Microsoft Power BI Service, Microsoft Data Gateway, Microsoft SQL Services Analysis Services, Cognos, and other extensions as necessary.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Active Directory, including server configuration and application troubleshooting including Apache Tomcat and SAP Business Objects.
- Install, configure, deploy, and maintain the system of Analytics for our BI/Analytics environments, currently using GB & Smith’s 360.
- Audit and benchmark BI/Analytics tool functionality, security, access, rights, and performance. Troubleshoot issues as necessary while providing professional customer service.
- Ability to provide technical support and guidance to users and other administrators. Works closely with the systems administration team to resolve issues with server performance and user access.
- Support Data Science efforts using AI to analyze big data.
- Apply statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve decision systems.
- Requires a BA/BS in related field plus 6 years’ experience.
- Demonstrated experience with visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Cognos, etc.
- The ability to work with business SME is to translate business requirements and KPIs into BI/Analytics models, views, reports, dashboards, and query objects.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or Azure.
- Ability to write scripts for automating tasks including PowerShell and vbscript.
- Working knowledge of BI/Analytics tool architectures, functions, features, and customization options within the Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Analysis Server, and Azure Analytics suites.
- Understanding of SQL-based relations and multidimensional designs.
- Strong problem solving and metadata skills.
- Required attributes for this position include a strong sense of customer/solution ownership, an overall drive for excellence, and a proven ability to successfully complete assigned duties on time.
- Experience using statistical computer languages like Python or R to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with AWS services such as Redshift, Athena, S3 a real plus.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.