Sr. Clinical Coding Nurse Consultant
About the Job
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Sr. Clinical Coding Nurse Consultant will drive consistent, efficient processes and share best practices in a collaborative effort with Providers and Market Team, designed to facilitate achievement of goals set for HCC Ratio, HCC Covered Ratio, and HCC Percent Covered. The Sr. Clinical Coding Nurse Consultant will drive Risk Adjustment improvement initiatives, develop recommendations for Risk Adjustment remediation plans and create tools and databases to capture relevant data for assigned markets to achieve corporate and market specific Risk Adjustment goals and initiatives. This position will work collaboratively with each regional / market team and their leadership in a matrix relationship. This position will provide direction and guidance to Medical Coding Analysts, as well as cross functional team members within their respective Markets pertaining to Risk Adjustment.
$5,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates!
- Develop and implement market business plans to motivate providers to engage in improving Risk Adjustment metrics
- Provide analytical interpretation of Risk Adjustment reporting including, Executive Summaries, HCC Ratio, Disagree and Resolution rates, and FaxBack reporting to plan and provider groups
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Risk Adjustment related activities within their assigned market(s) working within a matrix relationship which includes DataRAP operations and Regional / Market operations
- Assist in developing of training and analytical materials for Risk Adjustment
- Oversee DataRAP training and education delivery for Mega Groups via Provider education sessions and Physician Business Meetings / JOCs.
- Lead Weekly, Monthly, Bi-monthly, Quarterly, and / or Annual Business Review meetings related to Risk Adjustment activities which summarize provider group performance and market performance as requested by or required by Market leadership
- Analyze and evaluate provider group structure and characteristics, provider group / provider office operations and personnel to identify the most effective approaches and strategies related to Risk Adjustment
- Analyze Provider and Group performance regarding Risk Adjustment and Focus on Care (FOC) to determine areas of focus or improvement opportunities.
- Develop solution-based, user friendly initiatives to support practice success
- Oversee market specific chart retrieval and review of PCP, Hospital, and Specialist records
- Work with DataRAP Senior Leadership on identified special project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (Associate’s Degree or Nursing Diploma from accredited nursing school with 2 or more years of additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree) and current Texas or Compact RN license in good standing
- Hold a CPC certification or have the ability to obtain a certification within 9 months of employment from the American Academy of Professional Coders
- 1+ years of ICD-9, ICD10 coding experience
- 5+ years associated business experience within the health care industry
- Knowledge of CMS HCC Model and Guidelines along with ICD 10 Guidelines
- Strong knowledge of the Medicare market, products and competitors
- Knowledge base of clinical standards of care and preventative health measures
- Ability and willingness to travel (locally and non-locally) as determined by business needs
- Reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
- Undergraduate degree
- Experience in managed care working with network and provider relations
- Strong presentation skills and relationship building skills with clinical / non-clinical personnel
- Demonstrated ability to interact with medical staff, peers, and internal company staff at all levels
- Ability to solve process problems crossing multiple functional areas and business units
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise and implement an appropriate plan of action
- Good business acumen, especially as it relates to Medicare
- Medical / clinical background
- MS Office Suite, moderate to advanced EXCEL and PowerPoint skills
- Additional Medical chart review experience
- Professional experience persuading changes in behavior
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.