Sr Console Game Engineer
About the Job
Amazon builds games! Our mission is to be the most customer-obsessed company in the games industry. At Amazon Game Studios, we're creating games like the open world MMO New World, and our forthcoming The Lord of the Rings MMO. Amazon Games also delivers great game benefits to Prime members each month via Twitch Prime, and provides game developers of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed with Amazon Game Tech.
Amazon is also working on unannounced titles for PC, console and mobile platforms.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Who you are:
· We're looking for a candidate that loves playing games on modern game consoles!
· You thrive in a collaborative environment where you have influence over technology direction.
· You are passionate about building tools and automation to help developers improve their daily workflows.
· Quality and the customer experience are what drives you to help build the services that will support the next game blockbuster.
· You want to be part of something exciting and unique in the gaming ecosystem.
What you'll do:
· Design, develop and support multi-player game software using high quality C++ with Unreal engine.
· Ensure that the game is tightly integrated into each console ecosystem--fully utilizing the services that are the strength of each platform and conforming with their requirements.
· Collaborate with developers and testers to construct efficient workflows for working with consoles to ensure high quality on all platforms.
· Proactively identify and solve problems that affect the quality of life for players, operations, and other developers.
· Be an advocate for players and developers: Insist on the highest standards, drive to operational excellence, help create functional and engaging customer-centric features.
Our product is an unannounced game built by a team with veterans from many popular titles like EverQuest, PlanetSide, H1Z1, and Free Realms.
Come join our passionate team in San Diego and help make the next game everyone will be downloading to their PCs, phones, tablets and consoles!
Remote workers will be considered.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 4+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
· Skilled in communication and ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
· A passion for video games.
· Experience using Unreal engine.
· Skilled in multi-threaded programming and optimization of game systems and rendering.
· 3D math knowledge and problem solving.
· 5+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped Xbox/PlayStation titles.
· Knowledge of all aspects of console approval requirements and processes.
· Experience working on large scale, commercial online game services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.