Sr Financial Analyst
About the Job
Sr. Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis – Product Delivery
The Sr. Financial Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis – Product Delivery will fill a key role within the Finance Organization supporting the product delivery team. In this role, he or she will report to Asurion’s Sr. Manager FP&A and will partner with and directly support the mobility/retail product delivery SVP and team, acting in the capacity as that team’s financial lead. This individual will be responsible for a wide range of activities to include financial planning, reporting and analysis, working with Product Team and Finance management to perform analysis on new initiatives, projects, pricing and business opportunities along with developing reporting and forecasting models that fully integrate the entire revenue and cost structure supporting the VP’s businesses.
The candidate must be customer centric and self-sufficient and be able to balance the demands of delivering results in the short term while helping steer the Company in delivering on its long-term business model.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to Finance, this position provides financial and operational support to the Product Team and more specifically the SVP and team within the Product Mobility/Retail Delivery team. He or she will be responsible for:
- Financial Planning: Develop the financial and operational plans annually through an Annual Operating Planning process, monthly/quarterly through a monthly/quarterly Rolling Forecast process and intermittently throughout the year as needed.
- Financial Reporting: Develop the reporting and analysis of financial and operational performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Drive Financial Performance: Drive financial performance by identifying and managing key drivers, developing financial, pricing and statistical models, and working with colleagues throughout Asurion to improve and manage the program’s performance
- Act as Internal, Strategic Consultants: Provide support by way of internal consulting projects, collaborating cross-functionally with the goal of maximizing profitability for the VP businesses and the Company and improving process efficiencies
- Industry Trends: Develop deep knowledge of the operating and competitive landscapes and identify industry emerging trends and opportunities
- Develop relationships with the VP’s team.
- Evaluate strategic and operational business activities utilizing concepts including LTV, IRR, NPV, payback, terminal value and P&L impacts.
- Provide risk-adjusted assessment of the likely outcomes of new product and pricing structure proposals
- Guide prioritization of initiatives based on relative operational and financial potential
- Measure progress of initiatives and business cases vs. the 5-year plan and industry benchmarks
- Provide continuous process improvement and analytical insights to drive business success
- Work with business partners to design/execute business and accounting solutions to complex issues
Here’s what you’ll bring to the team:
- A proven track record of academic and professional excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance, preferred
- MBA, CPA, CMA viewed favorably
- 3+ years experience overall in financial, planning and analysis experience
- Financial experience supporting Product and Technology Teams
- Experience in the wireless insurance industry helpful
- Demonstrated strategic business and financial planning and analyses
- Deep data mining, and modeling expertise
- Hands-on, “in the trenches” style with ability to drive projects to closure
- Strong proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to consult and advise operating and corporate leaders on a range of issues related to accounting, financial reporting, strategic opportunities, internal control, and regulatory matters
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with ability to deliver strategic messages to senior leadership