Sr. Front End Engineer
About the Job
Sr. Front End Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
PlayStation is the leading entertainment platform with 80 million daily active users in over 90 countries!
The primary role of this position will be to work on the development of web applications. The ideal candidate must be a skilled React.js developer with experience in web application development. He/She will work with peers on the development of large-scale systems that support other Sony's businesses in the digital content and customer service area. The role will primarily be focused on development and delivery of projects. He/She is encouraged to communicate with members of the Technology group by providing status, identifying and raising issues, and participating in planning activities.
- Implement the User Interface for web applications using React.js and other web technologies.
- Take individual responsibility for the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on a daring schedule.
- Demonstrate professional engineering practices including alignment to coding standards, producing design documentation, and supporting integration.
- Write and execute unit tests.
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues, and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Refactor existing code base and improve the overall quality of code
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, and Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial software development, especially focusing on front-end.
- Experience with REST APIs
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodologies
- Experience working with medium to large scale code bases in small to large groups
- A passion for front end application development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing with support for Cross-browser compatibility
- Familiarity with NodeJS
- Familiarity with AngularJS, React Native
- Familiarity with Objective-C
- Knowledge with libraries such as PIXI, Antd
- Experience with Sketch and writing plugins for Sketch
- Experience building cloud deployed applications
- You value team success over personal success