Sr Manager Data Engineering-Telecommute
About the Job
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
This role includes, but is not limited to; analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Analyze existing and new functionality, design, implement and maintain to fulfill business and IT related requirements
- Developing new functionality using Hadoop/Hive/Spark and other Data Integration Tools
- Implementing and adhering to UHG standards, including but not limited to CI/CD, Code vulnerability management and Code qualityBe liaison between the business and IT teams, also with India team
- Helping the team in the Agile maturity and become a SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the application
- Develop innovative approaches to optimize the process or TCM optimization
- Serve as a leader/mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, verbal, written communication and presentations skills
Facilitation, critical thinking, problem solving, design and decision-making skills
Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, as well as escalation to management
Sound Architectural & technical expertise in building Data Lake projects
10+ years of Managing/Implementing Data projects
Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Java/Python
Any RDBMS , Informatica/DataStage, Unix
DevOps Tools & Good to have Cloud technologies
Keywords: Senior Manager Data Engineering, Senior Manager, Leadership, Supervisor, Data Engineering, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Java, Pythonhealthcare, RDBMS , Informatica, DataStage, Unix, Data Lake, DevOps Tools, DevOps, Cloud, United HealthGroup, UHG, Optum, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota