Sr. Manager IT Data Operations and Governance
About the Job
The Sr. Manager IT Data Operations and Governance is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of robust, sustainable, and performant, enterprise data platforms. The Manager is also responsible for the governance of the data within the platforms. This position will collaborate with other IT teams, business partners and external entities, to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective data technology solutions for all facets of the organization including applications, enterprise data warehouses, analytical systems, and data science.
As SNC's corporate team we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
- Bachelor’s Degree, in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related discipline.
- Experience managing data operations, establishing scalable workflows/tools, and setting data quality acceptance criteria.
- Manage architecture, database administration, data modeling, data quality, data governance, ETL/ELT, and data consumption.
- Facilitate data governance engagement and help champion the data governance vision, principles, protocols, and standards.
- Experience in design and development of large and complex, data platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of data strategy, data governance, master data management principles, and data and information management practices.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to influence across all levels, direct cross-group discussions, and gain trust.
- Strong technical leadership, project management, and organizational skills including the ability to manage, influence and develop technical personnel. Experience doing this by leveraging agile methodologies a real plus.
- Keen interest in solving business problems.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team-oriented work environment, and flexibility to quickly adapt to change.
- Experience with cloud-based data and analytics solutions (AWS, Azure).
- Experience with MDM tools.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.