Sr. Program Manager
About the Job
Sr. Program Manager (Contract position)
San Diego, CA
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Program Manager (Contractor) to lead and handle end-to-end delivery of critical programs. You will partner with a global organization worldwide including SIE Engineering, Product, and Executive leadership. You will be responsible for programs which span a variety of projects, teams, geographical locations, areas of focus, and achievements. The responsibilities listed are not all-inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Owning project and program schedules, task assignments, and leading overall schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and actively running dependencies, mitigating risks, and executive reporting.
- Partner with cross-functional leadership and executives to define and implement process improvements across Engineering and Operational teams to drive execution, optimize delivery, handle risk, and provide overall transparency
- Collaborating with staff and management to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks.
- You will also have the opportunity to contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the Program Management group.
- Experience in establishing and developing global, complex enterprise scale programs from initial kick-off through launch.
- 5+ years' experience as a Program/Project Manager
- Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives.
- Proficiency with tools used in Agile development (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Motivated, organized self-starter with strong problem solving capabilities
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions
- Excellent presentation skills across all levels of internal and external partners
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures) Leadership judgement learning agility, deep understanding of program management standards, risk management, affiliation partnership
- Occasional domestic travel may be required
- Previous experience with event coordination/planning
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com) or similar large-scale agile implementation
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony's products, services, and devices
- Large data migration / transformational activities
- Data Pipelines and Data Warehouses
- AWS Managed Services
- Ability to plan through adversity
- Critical thinking
- Ability to communicate to a broad set of customers across the organizations and at different levels