Sr. Software Data Engineer
About the Job
Take-Two Interactive is looking for a passionate, solution-oriented Software Data Engineer to join a team building the next generation reporting and analytics platform. The ideal candidate is a strong Python developer who has experience building APIs and pipelines to support integrations of internal and external applications.
The ideal candidate relishes working with large volumes and diverse types of data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex technical contexts, and, above all else, is convinced in the value of data for better decision-making.
The Data Engineer will support and collaborate with architects, data analysts and data scientists and will ensure efficient data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be proactive and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams. He/she is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to think big (while paying careful attention to detail), and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture, taking into account the needs of today while remaining flexible enough to evolve for the needs of tomorrow
- Participate in all phases of SDLC - requirements, design, and development through testing, deployment, maintenance and support.
- Develop and manage stable, scalable data pipelines that cleanse, structure and integrate disparate big data sets into a readable and accessible format for end user analyses and targeting using stream and batch processing architectures.
- Maintain API based ETL/ELT processes from multi source raw data collection to reporting/visualization.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to implement advanced analytics algorithms that exploit our rich data sets for statistical analysis, prediction, clustering and machine learning
- Develop data quality framework to ensure delivery of high-quality data and analyses to stakeholders.
- Develop and support continuous integrations build and deployment processes which use Jenkins, Docker, Git, etc.
- Define and implement monitoring and alerting policies for data solutions.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Python.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in using advanced SQL queries (analytical functions), experience in writing and optimizing highly efficient SQL queries.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with building out an ETL pipeline.
- Experience of working in AWS environment highly desirable.
- Comfort in working with business customers to gather requirements and gain a deep understanding of varied data-sets.
- Experienced in testing and monitoring data for anomalies and rectifying them.
- Knowledge of software coding practices across the development life-cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an engineering or technical field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Engineering, or similar.
- Python (required)
- SQL (required)
- Git (required)
- Developing solutions using Docker (required)
- Data modeling for data warehousing (nice to have)
- Developing micro-services (nice to have)