System Specialist II
About the Job
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
This position is responsible for servicing all system issues on time and to the customer's satisfaction. These specialists will be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing customer systems, performing scheduled maintenance, performing warranty work, and suggesting and performing system improvements, modifications, etc. to current customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshoot and repair customer systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance on installed systems
- Request and deliver material as required
- Coordinate activities of subcontractors when necessary
- Create, load, and test system databases
- Test, backup and tune system databases
- Check out and start up control systems
- Provide on-site training to customers as needed
- Suggest system improvements, modifications, etc.
- Perform warranty work
- Complete documentation for assigned tasks
- Coordinate and communicate activities with the customer
- Other duties may be assigned
Must be able to climb ladders and lift 75-pounds unassisted.
May be required to report to work outside normal business hours, on holidays and on weekends.
- Two-year (2) degree in a related field required or related work experience
- 3-5 years of related work experience required
Skills & Abilities:
- Good understanding of analog and IP systems, access control systems and general security system experience. or other building or electronic control systems
- Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.