Technical Program Manager
About the Job
Amazon is all in on games, and Twitch Prime is one of a series of disruptive new initiatives that highlights our investment and dedication to the industry and its players. Twitch Prime, launched on September 30, 2016, is a series of new benefits available to all Amazon Prime members geared at making Prime a no-brainer for core gamers and includes a premium version of Twitch. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and eSports of today, will continue to a future in which fans are creators, players are celebrities, and games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. This candidate should possess verifiable leadership qualities including being proactive, thoughtful, thorough, effective, and flexible, conducting themselves professionally and with integrity at all times. You will know how to influence and motivate to get the right things done. At the core of the position is delivery. You will have a strong working knowledge of software development processes and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
As a TPM, you find clear paths through roadblocks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will have an ability to take large, complex programs and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional and technical user stories, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical thinking and leadership are essential to success in this role.
In this role, you will:
· Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple teams, i.e. break down complex business requirements into manageable projects, write functional specifications, create system design, solve complex technical problems, interface with multiple teams, and deliver solutions in a successful, agile, and timely manner
· Own communication for technical delivery across these projects with senior leadership and across partner organizations
· Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move these projects forward quickly
· Manage resource allocation for all projects across all technical teams and keep the overall program roadmap balanced. Prioritize investments in partnership with Product Managers and Business Stakeholders.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong project management skills, good judgment and desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving environment in a large company to rapidly deliver solutions that have a broad business impact.
· Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline (computer science or engineering preferred)
· 3+ years of Program Management experience in large, cross-organizational projects prioritizing competing demands, scoping large efforts and negotiating timelines
· 3+ years of experience managing software or application development efforts
· Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or MBA
· 3+ years of Program Management experience
· Experience with designing technical solutions - broad technical breadth and depth including web services and back-end application infrastructure
· A strong desire to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
· Strong collaboration skills pulling teams together and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
· Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
· Proven verbal and written communication skills, experience presenting to senior executives
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.