Telephonic Case Manager RN 2500 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
UHG Smyrna, GA
About the Job
Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
***Position is eligible for up to 50% work at home with demonstrated proficiency and high performance, and being onsite the remainder of the time to foster team cohesion, spirit and camaraderie through demonstrating our UnitedHealth Group cultural values and protocols. As a Fortune 5 performance - based company we offer competitive pay and benefits, including a sign-on bonus for this position.***
This position will require active and unrestricted Nursing licensure in multiple US States. Selected candidate must be willing and able to obtain and maintain multiple state licensure / compact agreement (Application fees and filing costs paid for by UHG).
You will be required to work an 8-hour or 10 hour shift, ending at 9:00 PM. Two weekend days each month may also be required.
- Making outbound calls and taking inbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identifying gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Providing patient education to assist with self - management
- Interacting with Medical Directors on challenging cases
- Coordinating care for members
- Educating members on disease processes
- Encouraging members to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Documenting and tracking findings
- Making post - discharge calls to ensure that discharged member receive the necessary services and resources
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- A current, unrestricted RN license in the State of Georgia
- 3+ years of RN experience in a hospital setting, acute care, direct care experience OR experience as a telephonic Case Manager for an insurance company
- Computer proficiency, to include strong data entry skills and the ability to navigate a Windows environment (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet)
- Willingness to obtain multiple state and/or compact licensure
- Ability to travel to the Sandy Springs Atlanta, GA office
- Oncology experience
- A background in managed care
- Case or disease management experience
- Experience working with Medicare / geriatric patients
- Experience / exposure with discharge planning
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) skills
- Medical / Surgical, Home Health, Diabetes or Cardiac experience or certification
Answer the call to use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Case Manager, RN, Registered Nurse, BSN, Atlanta, GA, Georgia