About the Job
For over 125 years, ASCO Power Technologies has been pioneering every major product innovation in power transfer technology. Today, we are an industry leader in the manufacturing of automatic transfer switches, industrial control products and power control systems, and the world leader in emergency and standby power transfer solutions. We are the Power Authority - committed to providing a full range of quality-driven products backed by 24-hour nationwide service support.
ASCO Power Technologies, an industry leader in the manufacturing of Automatic Transfer Switches, Industrial Control Products, Load Banks, Power Control Systems, Services and Solutions, has an exciting career opportunity for a Test Technician based out of Welcome, NC.
This position will be responsible for product testing on specific assigned PCS (Power Control Systems) units and ensure that it is fully tested in accordance with ASCO procedures and standard industry practices testing the individual PCS sections, interconnecting the sections and testing the systems and the control programs. Also responsible to demonstrate the assigned PCS switchgear for customers during onsite witness tests. Position includes hands-on testing and troubleshooting with testers and design engineers.
- Test, troubleshoot, correct and document wiring and functional problems in accordance with the wiring diagram.
- Setup and perform PCS testing based on Sequence of Operation.
- Interface with both production and engineering personnel to properly record and correct both physical and design nonconformance issues.
- Configure and test PLC's (Programmable Logic Controller) and power management networks.
- Upload firmware and download parameters to control modules and other electronic components.
- Set up electronic components and protective relays per vendor manuals.
- Develop and build test simulations for customized PCS switchgear.
- Serve as "technical" point person for test group on an assigned PCS unit
- In order to meet customer demands, the position is subject to daily and weekend overtime to complete PCS Projects.
- Position works within standard PCS operating procedures and guidelines.
- Position requires a moderate degree of supervision.
- Promote a safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of ASCO Power Technologies to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: ASCO Power Technologies does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
ASCO Power Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
- This position interacts with all types and levels of employees. The position also interacts with external suppliers and customers on a frequent basis.
- Knowledge of electrical principals and power management.
- Ability to read and follow schematics of complex electrical and mechanical circuits.
- Knowledge of PLC interface and WonderWare programming strongly preferred.
- Computer programming and networking skills are a strong plus.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
2-year Associates Degree in Power, Electronics, Computer Networking with 2-3 years relative experience; or 4 years of Military Training in Power, Electronics or Computer Networking.
- Detail oriented, excellent problem solving, results driven.
- Customer Focus.
- Learning on the fly.
- Technical learning ability.
• Computer programming and networking skills are a strong plus.
The duties listed are not set forth for the purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They are not to be construed as a complete list of the many duties normally to be performed under a position title or those to be assigned and performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.