Tool Crib Assistant II
About the Job
We are seeking a Tool Crib Assistant with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you'll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience with tools and equipment to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies - those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As a Tool Crib Assistant, you will be using your skills and expertise to receive, store, and issue our tools, machine tool fixtures, dies, and measuring devices. You'll be responsible for cleaning, oiling, and performing minor repairs on our tools and equipment and disposing of surplus or obsolete equipment. You'll ensure our tools and equipment are fully functional and kept in safe working condition to keep the continuity of work operations intact.
At SNC’s ISR, Aviation and Security (IAS) team we are a leading manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for high-performance intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance, and aviation systems. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations and provide a turnkey approach to enable our customers to focus on their mission. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, holidays and shift schedules as required
- Ability to meet current DoD and Combatant Command pandemic restriction requirements for deployed locations" with a link to the SOCOM specific restrictions
- Ability to deploy for a minimum of 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Experience with TC Max
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.