About the Job
WJLA-TV ABC 7 & 24/7 has a great opportunity for a Traffic Anchor/Reporter for 'Good Morning Washington' & 'Let's Talk Live'. Must be a 'morning person' who is an all-star team player with outstanding energy and a passion for helping people navigate the daily commute, whether by car, train, Metro, bike, scooter or bus. Should be social media savvy and know how to engage with audiences on all platforms! Must have a great personality and be comfortable on-air, know or be able to quickly learn the Washington, DC area's roads and operate traffic computer equipment. The ideal candidate will be someone who is invested in the Virginia, Maryland and DC Communities and will produce impactful content for 'Good Morning Washington' and our lifestyle show 'Let's Talk Live'. Part of this position includes co-hosting 'Let's Talk Live' and interviewing live guests. You should be comfortable working with clients to promote their products. The successful candidate must also be good at thinking on their feet and ad-libbing live.
- Execute live presentations at a chroma screen to tell visual stories
- Develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts
- Develop, write and edit enterprise news stories under deadline
- Ability to manage digital platforms including social media and website
- Ability to execute during breaking news events and add context
- Must be good at live field anchoring and have a dynamic personality
- Comfortable working with sales clients
- Ability to conduct interviews when required via phone, Skype, or other methods (for LTL)
- A valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Must be a team player who works well with others
- Must possess great energy and positivity
- Must have on-air experience in broadcasting (radio and or TV)
- Must be able to operate traffic computer system
- Must know how to set up stories for broadcast
- Producing experience preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.