Trainer Specimen Processing- Marlborough, MA req43267
About the Job
Trainer Specimen Processing- Marlborough, Massachusetts - Tues-Sat
Know that there are people behind the data. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Specimen Processor you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, our Specimen Processors play an essential role in our success and provide a critical service responding to the often pressured requirements of accurate diagnoses. As a career, it offers a unique opportunity to learn and develop a profession offering long-term stability and development. You can also earn a competitive salary and great overtime, while growing your own career.
The Specimen Processing Trainer is responsible for training all Specimen Preparation Technicians in all phases of Specimen Processing. The trainer is responsible for providing input to supervisors regarding the Specimen Preparation Technician's progress and performance and may also conduct process and compliance audits as needed. The SP Trainer is responsible for training of new hires and existing employees on an on-going basis ensuring they have the opportunity to learn critical skills needed for career progression.
This position requires strong training, presentation, facilitation and communications skills. Must also demonstrate the ability to learn and understand the skills and processes that are being taught. The ability to draw from both internal and external resources and knowledge to maximize training effectiveness is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for coordinating and facilitating training for all new employees as well as existing employees
• Responsible for maintaining a written training program and developing training as needed
• Maintains all training materials, and might be called upon to answer questions during an inspection
• Responsible for providing Supervisors with appropriate feedback when problems arise including progress reports on all new employees
• Adheres to and applies all Quest Diagnostics policies and procedures, including safety and compliance during training sessions
• Called upon occasionally to attend additional meetings and training sessions as needed by department leadership
• Maintains confidentiality at all times. Will have access to overall employee and department performance. May have knowledge related to departmental performance that could be detrimental if released to the wrong environment
• Demonstrates proficiency and understanding of all job duties and SOP’s related to the Specimen Processing Department
• Demonstrates and conveys a thorough understanding of how all the functions in Specimen Processing work together during training session
• Demonstrates and conveys a thorough understanding of how Specimen Processing impacts the testing laboratory during training sessions
• Demonstrates and conveys an understanding of the compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires the ability to research test ordering information on translation tables, computer system and the directory of services
• Understands and conveys the complex relationship between test(s) ordered and specimen received during training sessions
• Completes all required written documentation, legibly and within the assigned timeframe
• Performs other duties as assigned
Supervision Exercised: N/A
• High School or equivalent required
• Minimum of 3 years Lab experience preferably in production environment; internal candidates must have minimum of one year in PR Tech/Group Leader or related role
• Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory or equivalent experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey information and concepts are required
• PC skills including a working knowledge of MS Office applications.
• Training background or equivalent experience preferred
• Training coursework/certification preferred (i.e. adult learning theory, ASTD, etc.)
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Works in a biohazard environment, practicing good safety habits
• Handles multiple tasks and works in a production environment
• Able to sit or stand for long periods
• Maintains composure while working with new trainees and experienced employees that are difficult to train
• Reflects good judgment at all times when determining what action to take when resolving problems
• Demonstrates strong leadership and interpersonal skills that fosters a positive environment
• Exhibits flexibility and be able to adapt to changes in procedures and the training of those procedures quickly