About the Job
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
For an assigned vendor, provide weekly and ad-hoc analysis to both internal and external customers in order to drive sales and improve profitability. Analyst is responsible for outlining highlights and providing recommendations that will impact business decisions. Analysis is derived from various sources of data and developed specifically to cater to the needs of both the vendor and merchandising teams.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Report weekly using standardized and customized formats as appropriate. Ensure the integrity of all data presented in a timely fashion. Analyze reports weekly to distinguish risks and opportunities within the business and make recommendations to the Vendor and Merchants for improvement. Work with Testing and Pricing teams to develop tests for various marketing/pricing initiatives in limited stores and markets; evaluate results and suggest actions steps. Meet with buyers and vendor regularly to present analysis, conclusions and resulting action points to drive sales and profit improvement.
- Perform regular analysis of P.A.L.S. database to analyze and examine customer trends, market-basket profitability, and merchandise affinities. Work with Merchants and Vendor to develop most effective marketing strategies and merchandise offers to drive incremental vendor sales and market-basket improvements.
- Develop weekly performance analysis of vendor's top sku's, new items, seasonal sku's, worst performing sku's, etc. Investigate sku performance to determine the effectiveness of new product launches.
- Generate vendor-specific information for incorporation into top-to-top data presentations. Work closely with Analytical Services and P.A.L.S. Database staff to develop detailed information that adds texture to sales and customer trends to identify opportunities for sales and profit growth.
- Develop and maintain reports through Excel, Access and Microstrategy
- Obtain and organize sales, inventory and customer data from different databases at multiple levels in order to identify key trends and make recommendations to maximize sales and profits.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors at a computer terminal with little or no exposure to hazards.
At least one year of business experience.
A Bachelor’s degree and experience demonstrating strong mathematical and analytical skills required.
Comparable analytical experience including strong computer and statistical skills and ability to work with vast amounts of data is required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required due to the nature of involvement and contact with outside vendors as well as internal contacts.
An equivalent combination of education and related experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.