Vetco Clinic Lead
About the Job
Because we’re obsessed with the health of pets, we offer a variety of vet services to meet the needs of our customers, which means a wealth of career opportunities, whether you’re a licensed veterinarian or a veterinarian support professional. Located inside Petco stores, our Vetco Wellness Centers offer professional expertise for common pet health problems.
Our Vetco vaccination clinics offer a variety of preventive care services for healthy dogs and cats inside Petco and Unleashed by Petco retail stores across the US. Rather than having a permanent presence, these clinics function like pop-ups inside Petco stores: our crew and veterinarian arrive at the store with the equipment, vaccines, medications, and everything else they need to take care of the pets they see.
- Provide functional direction and supervision to field team
- Ability to effectively perform functions of all clinic team roles and provide coaching and functional direction to individuals in these roles where necessary. May be responsible for filling one or more of these roles at a time.
- Safely operate company supplied vehicle to and from clinic locations and office, when assigned as driver
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Effectively communicate with customers and business partners to manage difficult customer situations, including pet incidents (bites, reactions and emergency situations). Primary point of contact for Market Manager on clinic related issues.
- Liaise and partner with leadership at clinic locations to determine optimal clinic location, crowd management practices, and manage any issues that arise during clinic.
- Ensure all clinic processes are followed and necessary clinic paperwork is filled out accurately and completely.
- Facilitate sales environment among team by leading targeted discussion topics during daily commute.
- Ensure proper handling of all revenues for day including deposit to safe or bank
- Assist customer in completion paperwork for a clear accurate medical record
- Crowd management, clean up pet waste, effectively communicate and manage situations involving disruptive pets
- Offer available discounts to win customers experiencing disruptive or unpleasant experience
- Manage and assist loading and unloading equipment and supplies from company supplied vehicle in a safe manner.
- Assist in training new partners according to training plan expectations.
- Understand and communicate Vetco medical recommendation, booster schedule and products.
- Effectively communicate with store management to build an atmosphere of cooperation and business success
- At conclusion of clinic, present report card and site report to MOD. Obtain the gross sales receipt of clinic sales (clinic transaction model) or SKU movement report (customer transaction model) from the MOD.
- Prior to departure, confirm the clinic area is clean and no trash, sharps, clinic equipment or supplies have been left on the floor or shelves.
- Notify store well in advance if clinic team is running late
- End of clinic and end of day reconciliation of all equipment and supplies
- Escalate any clinic issues to Market Manager, Store Manager, and/or Vetco Customer Service for further resolution via Incident reporting process
- Accountable for accurate completion of all paperwork - Ensure all paperwork and checklists are completed.
- Ensure rig supplies and product bins are restocked at the end of day.
- Participate in company and sponsor facilitated training related to products, services, policies and procedures.
- Complete the Clinic Lead reports for each shift.
While a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) is generally preferred, an applicant must be able to demonstrate basic math proficiency and above average communication skills.