VP Sleep Business - Remote
About the Job
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
This role will focus on the overall strategy, growth, and profitability of the sleep business. This person will be responsible for actively managing and directing the team and cross-functional organization to ensure the attainment of revenue and profit goals for sleep products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strong understanding of market dynamics and customer insights in the Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) market.
- Provide thought leadership for the organization and create strategies that strengthen Apria’s role and position in driving evolution and growth of this market segment.
- Evaluate new products and services within this category for portfolio expansion opportunities.
- Partner with field, back office and other functions in support of product objectives (e.g., help translate into sales strategy, operational strategy, etc.).
- Collaborate with e-commerce team to develop strategies and partnerships for retail channel growth.
- Obtain executive leadership team consensus on respective plans.
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams responsible to execute strategies.
- Refine and develop Apria’s clinical programs to ensure optimal patient and business outcomes.
- Develop strategic partnerships with manufacturers to develop capabilities and solutions in support of Apria’s strategy.
- Maximize revenue and operating income opportunity from patient census.
- Collaborate with Managed Care to drive strategies that align Apria and payor priorities and opportunities for driving more cost-effective disease management solutions.
- Work with operations leadership to build competitive and efficient service model, including exploring and implementing new ways of servicing patients, and supporting training and development.
- Comply with all quality compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for hiring, coaching, performance appraisal and disciplining of subordinate staff.
- Responsible for financial management of direct budget.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a four-year college degree is required; MBA preferred
- At least 12 years related experience required.
- Strong knowledge of OSA market.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in an OSA related leadership role.
- Proven track record of positive revenue and profit growth.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Strong product roadmap development skills required.
- Ability to drive results working across functions.
- Clinical awareness and legal / regulatory compliance acumen.
- Ability to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- Self-motivation skills and ability to engage others and quickly move from ideas to actions.
- Customer/Patient-Focused: You start with the customer/patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the customer’s/patients’ objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
- Occasional travel required
This is a stationary position that requires frequent sitting or standing, repetitive wrist motions, grasping, speaking, listening, close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. It also may require occasional lifting, carrying, walking, climbing, kneeling, bending/stooping, twisting, pulling/pushing, walking, bending, stooping, and reaching above the shoulder. This position also may require the occasional lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet.