Warehouse Worker III
About the Job
With 10 locations across the country, our network of distribution centers keep all of our online stores and retail locations stocked with all the best products for our customers’ pets.
To facilitate the timely and accurate preparation of pet supplies to be shipped to the Petco stores and to receive warehouse stock goods. This job is composed of several tasks which are generally routine in nature and are repeated several times during the course of the day and are part of the Petco Labor Management System in which productivity standards must be met. This is a safety sensitive position that requires drug testing.
Essential Job Functions:
Through previous background and experience, the candidate must demonstrate, with or without an accommodation, the ability to:
- Operate Material Handling equipment including but not limited to: pallet jacks and standup lifts.
- Maintain established productivity standards.
- Continuously lift merchandise up to 50 pounds daily for entire shift duration.
- Use voice activated computer headset to select merchandise.
- Use hand-held RF devices as needed to scan merchandise bar codes
- Conduct basic math computations, with or without a calculator.
Although this position generally does not entail supervising other employees, management may on occasion delegate additional responsibility to include providing functional guidance and training to others.
In addition to extensive bending, carrying, lifting (in excess of 50 pounds routinely), and climbing, the nature of this position entails constant exposure to heat, cold, dirt, dust, fumes, and noise within the warehouse. While some job duties may occasionally be conducted outdoors, the majority of work is performed indoors at one location. Risk of injury in this type of work should not be overlooked.
The minimum educational background of an applicant to this position is a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED). A qualified applicant will also display basic math proficiency. Forklift certification or ability to be certified is required.