Wholesale Control Self-Assurance Operational Risk Consultant 4
About the Job
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control (WC) organization serves as the front line risk management organization within Wholesale Banking supporting the businesses with risk strategy, implementation, and execution. The Wholesale Control team is accountable to assess and effectively manage risks across all risk types and Wholesale businesses delivering an integrated view of risks, producing a sustainable control environment, and instilling a culture of strong risk management. The team is responsible to identify and assess risks, design and implement controls, and monitor the controls to ensure they are working effectively. Wholesale Control interfaces with Independent Risk Management and Audit to drive comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
The Wholesale Control Self-Assurance (WCSA) functions serves as the front line control testing group for key areas of risk across all lines of business within Wholesale, domestic and international operations, and across multiple risk disciplines. The group is responsible for assessing risks, testing the design and execution of key controls, and performing monitoring to ensure processes and controls are working as expected to manage risks across Wholesale. Wholesale Control Assurance interfaces with Independent Risk Management, Audit and the regulators to assess comprehensive and consistent implementation of regulatory and corporate risk policies and programs across Wholesale.
This senior individual contributor will play an integral role in ensuring effective execution of the Corporate Self-Assurance Activities (SAA) policy for all Wholesale Risk related disciplines within Wholesale Banking. Related responsibilities will include; executing monitoring routines, leading and performing process risk based assessments, subject matter expertise to evaluate control design (SHRP and/or BPRM), drafting & owning comprehensive procedures to support SA activities, executing reoccurring SA reviews, and interact and collaborate with the various LOB’s/Self Assurance teams to drive appropriate changes identified as a result of performing SAA’s.
- Lead, develop and implement reoccurring Self-Assurance activities
- Collaborate and influence cross functional groups to ensure comprehensive understanding of business process, Control environment, tool/systems supporting process, and formal policies/procedures that align with SAA’s.
- Manage inventory of assigned Self-Assurance activities and ensure timely completion of work. This will include initial engagement communications, pre-work, data support, and review routines.
- Ensure formal documentation of work summary to include results, root cause analysist on defects, and overall effectiveness ratings of SAA. Review and offer credible challenge for other Ops Risk Consultants summaries.
- Ability to independently analyze data and translate complex concepts into simplified solutions.
- Monitor changes in our control environment, evaluate SAA control design, and revise review plans to ensure we have appropriate coverage and alignment with Corp SA policy.
- Recognize when SAAs are needed and serve as SME/advisor on the effective design and buildout of SAAs.
- Ensure compliance with all Wholesale Self-Assurance program procedures.
- Liaison with SAA data analytics group to ensure appropriate credible challenge of data for SAA’s performed.
- Monitor, track, and evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions that are created as a result of SAA activities. Partner with Issue Management cross functional teams as appropriate.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed environment
- Track record of building and fostering strong relationship and collaborate effectively to drive and influence change.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Background in Audit, Control Testing, and/or Compliance Testing
- Current or prior experience with Big Four or financial services
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with assessing risk and control design and effectiveness specific to Banking operations
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
CO-Englewood: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
MN-Saint Louis Park: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
IA-Des Moines: Min: $80,500 Mid: $115,000
AZ-PHX-Central Phoenix: 100 W Washington St - Phoenix, AZ
CO-Englewood: 9780 S Meridian Blvd - Englewood, CO
MN-Saint Louis Park: 435 Ford Rd - Saint Louis Park, MN
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.